Okay you poor little penguins, it’s time to start the events for this the site’s 3rd birthday!
While the fact that the Soon™ hides something still holds, the 31st will be a huge turning point for RoyalRoadL and as such, we want to make it big. Please note that the password game some of you found is from last year’s Halloween and as such we won’t give any rewards for it (they’ve been given last year).
To commemorate this event, we’ll be holding several competitions over the next week. These competitions are not just for show: we will reward all participant, and each winner will get additional rewards. The planned competitions (with details following the links) are:
- Mini RPG – to prepare the community for the upcoming forum RPG, we’ll be holding a smaller, simple RPG to see who is the best roleplayer on the site! We’ll be judging the players based on how well they play their role, and how well made their character is.
- Icon Drawing – We want to see you expand on your artistic abilities, and show us what you’re capable
- CYOA Writing – Create the best Choose Your Own Adventure. Create a new topic for your own CYOA, then you can keep updating the first post until the deadline.
- One-shot writing – We didn’t forget about our (fan)fiction authors either: create a short story for the competition, either original or LMS based. If you follow the link, you arrive to the forum where you should post a new thread with your one – you can keep updating the first post until the deadline.
Original one-shots will receive bonus rewards as we love to see the imagination of the little penguins bloom to the fullest!
- Scenery creation – While browsing the web, we’ve seen some awesome creators by both artists, modders and game designers. Create the most beautiful scenery – you can draw it, use 3d tools or a photo and touch it up in Photoshop, or even create a scenery in a game’s editor or Unity, maybe touch it up in Photoshop and show it to
- Map creation – With the growing activity over the RP, we’ve recently seen some extremely nice maps popping up here and there. To make the competition fair, the task is making a map for either an existing original Fiction on the site (LMS FFs don’t count) or for [WORLD], the site’s own RP
- Animation – create the best, most enjoyable short animation – it can range from stickman fights to narrative storytelling, or whatever you feel up to.
- Halloween costume contest – To satisfy your desires, oh mighty penguin nation, we’ve also added a costume contest since it’s nearly Halloween! Dress up, show us what you have for Halloween!
The competitions start now, and will end on the evening of the 29th of October; we will hand out some prizes on the 30th, while the rest will be given on the 31st. Late submissions may or may not be eligible for the final rewards.
Also note that we have plans for more competitions later on with various prizes, so even if you can’t truly finish your submission, you might be able to submit it later, so starting out now is definitely worth it!