Advertisement
Remove

Chapter 69 - Forgotten Lamb



The House of Argos was quite lively, the guests from the magus and alchemy guilds were having fun discussing the rather welcoming  Lady Aubrey Argos who lately has been able to walk again, they were rather glad since because of this, they would be able to actually converse in person.

The Lady of Argos, was much more open, and without the curse putting her down, she became more of charming than ever. Gundry, the lady's servant was also pleasantly waiting for the lady's arrival, lately, she has been roaming around the town of Tal, she can defend herself quite well so Gundry wasn't worried about anyone daring to even touch a speck of hair from the lady.

Gundry waited near the door of the House. After a bit of time, watching the guests, he heard the familiar sound of the lady's steps, opening the door of the house, he welcomed the lady.

"Milady, it seems you are back."

"I am Gundry, oh it seems the visitors from the two guilds also came in." Lady Aubrey looked over Gundry's shoulder.

"Yes, they have been waiting for milady, wanting to discuss something."

"I see...so is there any news about Ramiel?"

Gundry closed his eyes and answered.

"No, as usual, there is no presence of the gentlemen."

"I see, that is too bad." The Lady said with a frown. "Keep searching for him, he has something that belongs to him only, and I do not think that it should stay with me for longer."

"Excuse me milady, this may sound harsh but shouldn't milady just take ownership of the tools he left behind?" Gundry asked.

Lady Aubrey looked at Gundry with rather sharp eyes, her brows raised up as she says.]

"No, that would be too impudent. And..." She took out the camera from her pocket. "I think that such tool doesn't really suit me now..."

"I see...then I will inform milady if there is news about the gentlemen"

"Thank you, Gundry...I just want to return this to him...I am free from the curse, that is why I don't really need it anymore." She smiled.

"If milady wishes it."

Gundry bowed. The Lady of Argos then went to the two visitors and entertained them for a while. Gundry observes from the distance and thought inside his head.

Milady seems like she wants to return the tool. But it is impossible now, with that man surely dead.

Gundry plotted against Ramiel. He conspired with the Minster of Defense Taleo and made the guards tell a lie. Gundry also made Ramiel inherit the curse that the lady has, in their time he was teaching Ramiel, Gundry was feeding him nothing but chants of attraction, a chant that would allow the curse to crawl up to him. After he was sure that the trap got attached to him, he urged Ramiel to leave the town with the promise of guards, but those 'guards' are actually hired grunts that would throw Ramiel away from the Town of Tal, along with the curse and bury him out of the Kingdom of Lin.

He made Taleo allow the grunts to leave the border, and with the help of the magus guild and alchemist guild, all traces of Ramiel should be gone now, and even the bloody caravaneer or the Reaper himself won't be able to find a trace of him.

Gundry did all of that because he noticed the lack of strings that the man has. He doesn't have a compatible life energy, and he also senses that he could not use the mana that is spread over the world. Miracles and Curses, however, is something that he oddly can use.

The tale has been illicitly lifted; should you spot it on Amazon, report the violation.


That is why when Gundry noticed the strange attraction that Ramiel had with curses, he made him be the sacrifice for the Lady of Argos. And just as planned, the Lady had her curse gone, and now she is living the life, her ancestors could not lived.

Gundry's bloodline made a promise to the Argos Family that aside from taking care of the Scribes of Argos. They will also find a way to take care of the curse that holds them. It has been written, and only once that someone easily vulnerable with curses can be used as lamb. And Gundry, who found a perfect lamb, did not take the chance and made his move.

Gundry isn't slightly guilty about what he did to Ramiel. He has taken it in hands to do this after all, and nothing can change his mind about the fact that he wasn't wrong. But even so, seeing the Lady worried for Ramiel made Gundry concerned.

He thought, that he should find a way to completely kill the memories of that man out of the lady. And what better way to do that brings in a news and a proof that the man is dead.

Gundry's eyes went sharp, and immediately, he sent out a crow of made light bearing his thought on what to do with the lady's unnecessary worries. For Gundry, Ramiel is dead, and it should stay that way. Hence, he now plans to completely have Ramiel be forgotten by the Lady, and at the same time, take his belongings as hers already.

Gundry thinks that the tools that Ramiel ha was interesting, and other than, he doesn't have such great opinion to a lamp he sacrificed.

Oh well, that man should be dead already, I should focus on letting the lady forget about such grunt, and besides with the lady's state at the moment, it is beneficial for her to completely forget a small lingering chain that should have nothing to do with her anymore.

Gundry then went outside of the house to take breath of fresh air. He then noticed a faint smell of mana in the air, as it enters the Town of Tal's formation.

...


Dace arrived in the Town of Tal without any problem, with her wisps travel spell, she can cover miles, and although it is mana consuming, her large reservoir of mana allows her to travel without a problem, hence the moment she entered the gates of Tal, she immediately skipped to the Orient Inn.

"Hello Miss Felli, Dace is here!"

"Oh, Dace?" Felli saw Dace waving her tiny hands at her. There were no customers at the moment, so no one really got bothered.

"Why are you here?"

"Papa told me to come here!"

"Papa..." Felli's eyes went zero degrees cold.

"Yup, Papa says that Dace should stay here while he drags four hundred fifty dark elvens back to the kingdom!"

"Gah, as absurd as usual..." Felli said.

"So Dace will be intruding!" Dace skipped towards a table and shake her legs as she hums.

"Are you thirsty Dace?"

"No, ah, Dace was curious, but Papa sometimes tells me about some guy called Ramiel."

"Oh him, he probably somewhere out there. Who knows what happened to that ungrateful mute."

"Eh..."

Dace rubbed her cheeks at the table.

Felli went to the kitchen to get some treat for the little lady. As she was taking some sweets for Dace, Felli could not help but wonder where Ramiel is, who to her, just left without saying anything.

Advertisement
Remove

About the author

fawks

  • Idle

Bio: Someone who you would find scratching his head, staring at the empty wordless page.

Achievements
Comments(7)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In