Advertisement
Remove

Author’s corner: HELLO HELLO! THE RUNE SAGA ENDS HERE! (Isn’t that a good name for a game?)

ANYWAY, I decided on uploading a side-story today so I could work on a couple of other things I was procrastinating for a long time. For now, I’ve already updated the Races pages, with a few new races, skills and divided them into some categories. (Categories are not final, and are made for ease of browsing.). Now I will have to work on something for my college, and later on today I will update that Fanfic that a certain person made for Insania that I have been holding around for a long time (I’m a horrible person T.T)

ALSO, next normal story chapter should only come tomorrow, sorry about that (^.^’)

ALSO(2), this is the end of this SS, and I already have the next one in “planning” which I will probably update on Wednesday or Thursday, when I have a load of class and don’t have time to write a full chapter.

Have a good read!

-----

Oh, the three poor fools. Had they tried to cooperate and take on their torturer together before ignoring him, they wouldn’t be suffering like this.

And here they thought that their time in the classroom was akin to being sent to the deepest of the hells. Yet now they can finally see what true torture looks like. Their hands blistering, their eyes hollow and their feet hurting. Yet, for them, nothing else mattered, as long as they could leave that place even if a second earlier they wouldn’t mind any kind of torture he could throw at them.

Before, they could at least rest their heads in the desks and cool down a bit whenever the teaching became too much for their brain, but now? Even resting was prohibited, as the moment they relaxed even if only a bit, Issak would lash at them with a thunderbolt.

And so, here were the three fools, being forced to repeat their movements, over and over and over and over again. Each one with their own weapons and set of movements.

The worst part, is that all the while they were swinging their weapons, Issak was standing in a comfy chair, reading a book and sipping on an alluring glass of wine. The three were boiling with the thought of jumping at him, slashing his throat with their weapons, then run away. They were sure that none of the others training in the patio would mind the fact that they did that.

But whenever their bloodlust would start to seep, Issak would simply cast them a cold glare and they would immediately reconsider their idiotic idea.

And whenever their conscious would gracefully start to waver, leaving them on a fully automated movement and wander somewhere slightly more bearable, away from their hurting bodies, the demon in construct skin would snap his fingers, making a runic phrase appear in front of him.

The three had to immediately read the phrase, voice it out loud and quickly write a shortened version of the phrase with their free hand in the air. All while they kept making the same movements with their weapons nonstop.
If any of them got the answer wrong, a forked lightning was all that waited the three of them.

The three spent a whole twelve extra hours of nonstop Spartan training. By the time the three finally were freed from their torture, they literally fell flat on the floor, and all they could think was lay there and wait for all their tiredness to be slowly relieved.

Alas, fate, and their instructor had other ideas.

“Okay. Now that the three of you trained for so long, I will give you one hour of rest before I will test your skill again.” He said as a matter of fact, lifting himself from the chair and smiling. “I will talk a bit with the Beautiful Ellaine, back at the desk once again and when I come back we start the test.” He said while leaving through the door.

The three fools felt a mixed feeling of relief and anxiousness. However, as soon as they started to let themselves drift into the wonderful world of not-caring-about-anything-anymore, the door opened briefly and a demon head with a wicked smile appeared.

“If you fail, we are training even harder next time, ok?”

Despair.

That was the only word that passed through their heads.

Rest? They couldn’t rest. Not anymore. As the door closed again, the three looked at each other, staring at their lifeless eyes and nodded.

If you encounter this story on Amazon, note that it's taken without permission from the author. Report it.


The three lifted themselves from the ground and went back to training. No matter how tired they were, there was no way in hell they would stay here any longer.

And so, they trained.



All the warriors who were still training at the patio could only look at the scene at loss. Issak, evil incarnate was guiding his three newest pupils back to the training ground. However, any sign of the three newbies who first appeared were completely gone.

Their eyes were hollow, as if their souls left their bodies. Their movements were cranky, as if they were badly oiled machines. Yet, an incredible bloodlust that made even the professionals among the warriors flinch in fear seeped from their very being.

And the evil incarnate walked ahead of them with a proud smile in his face, as if he just made the best work of his life.

The trio and the construct stood together at the same place they were last time. With loud and clear words, the instructor stated the rules. If they land one hit on him, they pass and receive their class. They fail, and an even more rigorous training awaits them. His only weapons would be the two kitchen knives he had used earlier.

Satisfied with his announcement, as soon as the “s” in start left his mouth, the trio had already darted forward. All the clunky movement they made before were gone and replaced by fluid moves worthy of being called professional.

The trio started with Incarnus landing a spinning overhead slash followed by a double backwards slash, which immediately forced him to use the two knives to block both attacks.

Chouhi took the chance to jump over the draconid’s shoulder and land a powerful downward slash that was powerful enough to even make the very instructors leg shake with the impact.

And before he could recover from the impact, a lance appeared from their side, aiming at his vital points. He had to hurriedly step back to avoid the strike, but immediately as he did that, the sharp glaive made an horizontal slice aiming to behead his neck.

The trio were aiming for his death without even blinking twice. He even had to use a rune to defend the last attack!

Deciding that it was about time for him to take it a bit more seriously, he smirked, proud of his students.



Freedom. That was the only thing the trio could even think when they passed through the gates of the castle-like academy.

After much suffering, much ferocity and much luck, they barely managed to land a hit in the infernal teacher. Even if it wasn’t anything as fatal and deadly as they wished, they still managed to leave a small scratch on his skin during the test.

And now, here they were, leaving hell on Insania with their new classes already in work and to not come back anytime soon. It’s sad that as rune warriors they lost the capacity to use normal magic, as rune magic is an amalgamation of all the elements, a completely different base. However, that is but a small price to pay for freedom.

As they looked at the city ahead they dreamed of their long lost freedom, a new friendship blossomed between the three after sharing so many hardships together. The trio bade their farewells to each other for one last time before each taking one direction and walking away.

However, fate and their instructor had other plans.

He who shall not be named appeared in the gate and said to them.

“Remember to come back at level 20 to get some extra skills.” He told them, making their hair stand up in fear. “Also, the strongest one of you will be exempt from training!” He said in a cheerful and impish tone.

The trio stopped whatever they were doing and looked at each other.

Any kind of camaraderie or friendship the three had towards each other simply vanished in thin air as if never existed and only hostility towards each other remained, as neither of them even wanted to think about coming back to this place and train even more.

Legends were told of three rune warriors waging a furious battle on the fields of near the entrance of the bridge on which the city lays.

However, that is a story for another time, my friends, as the story on how the three begun their path on the rune-warring, ends here.

Fin.

Advertisement
Remove

About the author

Warhawx

  • Den's and Cygnas Cult Cookie Giver

Bio:

Achievements
Comments(41)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In