Advertisement
Remove
I was asked to make a list, since they are many, and so here it is! You'll find additional information on the most relevant characters~




Elisabeth released an inaudible sigh as she looked at the door. Lia was inside the room in front of her, talking with her psychiatric. As much as she was happy for her daughter, getting entertained by slaughtering people is a troublesome fact nowadays. When Yvonne exited, they switched positions and Elisabeth went inside to talk with Joseph.

"Do I have to worry?"

Elisabeth always cut straight to the point, not even taking a seat. She didn't like to dilly-dally around the subject when it was about her daughter's wellbeing. After all these years, Joseph already knew she'd do that, so he promptly replied

"No, it seems that she was entertained by the thrill of battle, so, considering how big of a fight was necessary to bring forth that little emotion, I doubt your daughter is going to have any problems in her daily-life."

Elisabeth felt like a massive boulder had been lifted from her shoulders. She nodded and with a "Then, until next time professor." Elisabeth left the room. Lia was reading some magazine but when she noticed her mother, she put it down and got up. The two exited the building and returned home in a relaxing pace.

"Mom, what will happen to me now?"

Yvonne's question drew a puzzled look from Elisabeth who could only tilt her head and say

"What do you mean sweetie?"

Elisabeth parked the car and they both got down. As they walked toward their house's door, Lia continued

"In the game."

"Oh my, did I never tell you about that?"

Her mother showed a surprised expression as she entered with Yvonne following after she gave a nod as an answer. Later, when the two made themselves comfortable, Elisabeth started explaining Hyria's PK policy.

"First of all, you need to know that, regardless of the situation, if you kill an innocent player or NPC, you'll be marked. The mark is just your level showing itself to everyone in a flashing red, or orange if it was an NPC. In case it was a marked or flagged (flags make your level shine green) player, you don't get marked. As for penalties, that is totally dependent on the situation and who was killed.

For example, let's say player A is a well-liked person in the town he is at, but he is marked. Player B, who is not marked, arrives and kills him to get whatever bounty player A could have had. In the case no NPC sees B kill A, B does not receive penalties, but if someone did see him, player B would receive notoriety, as he killed a person with positive affinity with the townspeople.

Another case could be that both player A and player B are unmarked. A killed B and got marked, though since A did it to protect someone or made it seem that B was a criminal, A received fame. Oh, I forgot to say that you get flagged for sexual harassment after 3 warnings and you'll remain flagged until you remake your account. Instead, the mark last 24 hours for each innocent you kill, alternatively you can also pay 30 gold coins or be killed by a bounty hunter or a monster.

As I said, if NPCs don't see you, you don't get penalties. Of course how they'll treat you will change, but what I meant mainly referred to the fact that there will be no bounty placed on you. Because of this, bounty hunters won't remove your mark, you have to be killed by a monster or by a player with a paladin class. Before you ask, no, I would not be able to unmark you as I'm a different type of paladin, but that does not mean I don't know any paladin: in fact there is one that has been traveling with Miranda and Nathan for a while now and since you four want to meet anyway, I guess that's when we'll get rid of our marks."

The narrative has been stolen; if detected on Amazon, report the infringement.


"Mh."

Lia answered nodding after Elisabeth finished her explanation. She was about to go upstairs to do some homework, but then she remembered Abigail's text from last night, so she posed her mother another question

"Mom, Sonia asked if she can have the specifics of how you modified my appearance in the last video, so she can give me the same looks in the fight Abigail and I had against Fuji, the dungeon's boss."

"There's no problem, I'll email them to her later."

Yvonne nodded once again, but this time she got up and went to her room, leaving her mother by herself. Elisabeth actually had an appointed meeting with her guild's members, but her daughter was more important. Besides, she was sure they would understand why she gave Lia precedence. After she set up the necessary equipment, Elisabeth connected to the video chatroom of Æsir's management team.

The six of them discussed the situation with the guild Oblitus Mori. They certainly would not be friendly after the incident, but it was improbable they would go to war with Æsir, as it was way too far from their outpost to make it so that they could approach Elisabeth's guild HQ without being detected many days before. That still didn't mean OM wouldn't try to hunt down Æsir's members or just kill them on sight. This subject was a bit more tricky as if the ones to land an attack first weren't the members from Oblibuts Mori, Æsir's members would get marked as PKers.

After all six approved the setting of the rule "never attack others first," they had to talk about funds. They would need some to reinforce their fortress' defenses, but they could not ask their members to give the guild more money if Oblitus Mori did not currently present to be a threat. The six decided that if ever OM decides to confront them, be it by rallying an army against their HQ or by picking the single members off, they'd ask an higher contribution immediately and they would reinforce Æsir's forces according to the situation.

Done with the meeting, they all disconnected. Elisabeth sighed in relief before she opened her email account. She sent to Sonia the data she had requested and then got up, intent on making some dinner for Yvonne and herself.




Sonia felt a bit elated when Lia's mother finally sent her what she had asked. As she saved the settings on her laptop, computer and usb, she thought about the view count of Yvonne's fight against the maimed dragon. It was around 100k views, an average rate on their channel, but it still got various topics on the internet started. Reclining her chair a bit, Sonia thought about the "Birth of Nyarlathotep" video.

'It's a pity that that guy was recording, because of him I couldn't ask Yvonne for the would-be exclusive footage of the slaughtering~ .. Oh well, let's just hope the fight with the dungeon's boss gets enough popularity.'

She leaned forward, once again facing her computer. Sonia started finished writing her report on the video and once she was done she sent that and the video to the director, as it needed his approval to be aired, but that didn't mean she couldn't have the video-editing department already start working on it, so she sent another copy of the video to them, along with the specifics to modify Lia and Abigail's appearance, to them.

Sonia was sure. She was sure that sooner or later, Yvonne would become a person of interest regarding Hyria. Because, after all, who could say to have been able to slay a dragon in such an early stage of the game?
Advertisement
Remove

Support "Twisted Nerves"

About the author

Kiyuta

  • Jeilou Village, Yinyue Empire
  • Strategic-Class Magician
  • https://kiyuta.com/

Bio: I'm back.

Achievements
Comments(5)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In