Advertisement
Remove
5 years,5 years of hell. That’s how long I had to endure the hardships and pain. 5 years of dancing together with death and from time to time knocked on his door as well. The training was what can I say…Hellish?The first two years of the training we started from scratch.The training was for me to build up my stats or what you call grinding.

The two years was fucking insane. I had to climb the ravine again but this time it was increased to four times and then after that 1 more was added and then another and another and another and another…well you get the idea. Until every month I had to climb up and down 15 times. On my estimate this probably took as long as 9 months.After the climbing part came the running part.


The bracers and vambraces was set to 35 kg each and then she summoned up hundreds of burrowers. Thus I was forced to run while being chased by them. The first time I did this I was totally outclassed. I had a fucking handicap and so freaking slow that I was often almost caught by them only to accelerate again while dancing with death.Damn it just by recalling it gives me the shivers. Anyway this lasted for probably as long as 7 months.


Now the third part was meditating.I had to meditate for the rest of the year but I still couldn’t relax during this time. I was forced to meditate in an open plane of the ravine thus while meditating I also had to be aware of dangerous creatures. So I was able to develop the skill sense presence.
Sense presence lvl.4
By heightening the five senses in your body you are able to sense creatures from a good distance away. Maximum distance 3 meter.



Now for the third and fourth year was what I called the cooling off period or the a little bit easier period. During this two years I was trained in the use of weapons. And not just one weapon I was trained in a vast array of them. We went through a cycle throughout the year. The first month would be sword, the second month would be dagger, the third axe, fourth spear, fifth bow, and last was my personal favorite where I had a high affinity on it was the use of metal rods. Yes metal rods. By Incorporating the martial arts of Arnis or stick fighting I was able to become skilled and adept at using The two metal rods.


So two years of training at using weapons as well as hand to hand combat form time to time resulted in a good fighting for me, but I wasn’t just content in being a jack of all trades I actually plan on mastering all of them since I already started it I will end it as well.


Now for the last year the nickname I gave it was the forsaken year where I was literally left alone during this year to fend for myself on the ravine. I had to fight hundreds of burrowers from day to day to survive as well as trying to use my ingenuity to create a temporary resting place and also I almost had little to no rest at all. I was lucky to get and hour of shut eye three at most. Though I took this time to try out a new spell that I invented. I called it Flare tempest!(pls add sfx: Thunder for more drama).

When I had to face countless of hordes I used this skill which erected a blazing gust of fire which literally burned them down. Although when I invented this spell I suffered numerous burns on my left hand while I was gong through the prototype heck I was even considered lucky to not be toasted by my own spell. The feedback as well was great which drained almost all of my mana thus I only used the spell as a last resort.


Truly the training event was worthy of the words LIVING HELL. And so 5 years has ended and here I am a fine young man of 17. My ruffled golden hair was now longer it reached all the way to my back and I had multiple scars cover my body now. Which made my muscles all the more shine to the eyes of the beholder.


Walking through the back way of the village and moving towards the chief’s mud house. Making a couple of turns so as to avoid incoming elves on our way. We finally arrived at the chief’s doorstep and what I saw was a mud house probably 15 meter width and 18 meter length. It was made out of mud and probably a few bricks since there wasn’t any available wood in here. So instead of a door made of wood it was entirely monster bones and hides.

We pushed it open and what greeted us was a lean and tall smiling person that looked like in his late 40’s with jet black hair that reached around his neck and facial features that screamed bishoujo during his younger years. I looked arouned inside and it was very plain contrary to the chief job that he has. You would think there would be more items but there was only a long couch with a simple small table in front with a few shelves on the sides filled with unnecessary stuff. Anyway what lay on the couch was a pile of neatly folded clothes with a pair of boots and gloves in it. The chief then took the clothes gloves and boots and handed it to me all the while saying.

Stolen from its rightful place, this narrative is not meant to be on Amazon; report any sightings.



“Hello my dear Himalos, it seems you have grown well during this past 5 years . Here take this and wear it, you look like a beggar in those clothes..” He says with a bright smile. I couldn’t help but flinch on what he just said and I got the feeling that smile of his was just a façade. Nevertheless I gratefully took the clothes and gave him a nod and answered “thank you Chief Yrll(read as Earl)”.


He then took a slip of note and gave it to me.
“And that will be your speech for tomorrow. Try to memorize it okay?Oh and don’t worry it’s written in human language.” He then flashed me another brilliant smile and took a leave. Through the front door and went further and further until his silhouette couldn’t be seen. Eshkia then told e that he will return to his lodging as well since he hasn’t seen it for 5 years as well. She also told me that I should rest as well for tomorrow.

The roo I stayed in was the sae one from when I was making my recovery. So I layed down on the single bed bunk and read the contents of the letter. A few minutes of reading I was already enraged and after thoroughly inspecting it I was fuming red in anger. The content of the letter made it somehow that the chief saved(which in he actually did) And that he heart warmingly cared and nursed me to health. And then I insisted that I repay them in kind.


So I said that If they can train me for 5 years I will kill the oppressive guardian of the pits that has sealed the in here for hundreds of years. What the hell! So the chief plans on making me his puppet and as a sign of Idol so that he could solidify his grip on the people of the village! Damn it even in this world politics is still corrupt and twisted but I’ve already had enough of being a puppet in strings and being played on. This time the roles will be reversed, I will be the puppeteer and you shall become my puppets to play on till you break.So I burned down the letter and went to sleep.


The next day I was woken up with bu a knocking on the door. It was still dark and it always is , Thus I already lost the concept of time but the elves had natural clocks in them so they naturally knew the year, day, time and month. Anyway the door burst open and what came out was chief Yrll dressed in finely woven robe with gold and silver lining on the end of the sleeves. He was neatly and perhaps much ore formally dressed for today.


“Get up and wear this clothes” He issued in an authoritative tone devoid of the facade smile he put on yesterday. What replaced it instead was a serious and stern looking face. I got up and did as what I told telling myself inside. Today I shall be the one playing with the strings.

I was now standing in a fucking large crowd of people probably ranging from a hundred to a hundred and eighty. I was in a makeshift stage that was 8x6 long and the chief was ranting on something about well like the letter said. The I heard my name called up and I stepped up front.

Yes today is the day I’ll take over. I eyed the audience and they all had stern and serious looking face. Obvoiusly it was because I was the only human and whats more the chief said something about me freeing them. So I stepped up and began my speech.


“Greetings elven people of Yudiputalintika. I am Himalos Godsee, a human.” I shout in a booming voice. I then gave a pause and eyed each one of them again so as to see whether I caught their attention. And I did They began to whisper among themselves and I continued.

“Now people of the Yudiputalintika, I make no promise of lifting up the curse” The chief flinched at this words and eyed me probably thinking that wasn’t part of the speech.”I do however pledge myself to save you all from the fear of being forgotten in the passage of times. I shall save you from desolation and Isolation, along with The help of my great god, Kairos!” The elves began to speak more among themselves and some had looks of worry.

“Now, do you all desire freedom?” They fell in silence.

“Do you all desire freedom?”I asked in a much more louder voice. A resounding yes answered with a heavy tone. I gave a smile and continued.

“Then follow me on the path to greatness and let me lead you towards the light that you all seek! I am salvation I am the destroyer of Isolation! I a Himalos vassal of Kairos!” I shouted to the top of my lungs. The elves then began a resounding chant.

“Kairos! Kairos! Kairos! Kairos! Kairos!”

I gave a smile and looked at the chief. His head was beading a tankful of sweat and stared at me in wide eye.Probably thinking that didn’t go as planned. I gave a smile and looked at the crowd and shouted again.

“I AM SALVATION!”

****************P.S**********************

Sorry for the late upload. I had a hard time because I had to go to a lot of colleges to apply for admission tests, and yes I' a high school student about to graduate this March. So anyway here is chapter 13 hope you enjoy it.:-D
Advertisement
Remove

About the author

Intsik11

Bio:

Achievements
Comments(21)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In