Advertisement
Remove
Special release so considering i know what its like to have a major cliff hanger addiction i felt bad for you guys and decided to do a special release for you guys P.S im feeling much better now that the damn stomach flu is gone ~_~ some of you may not like how things are progressing quick or slow but keep in mind i plan atleast a dozen chs ahead or dont do anything to stuff up the story unless its an accidental loophole.

Important after discussing donations with wing and reading the thread regarding it donations are allowed to be put on spectral but in no way shape or form will these affect releases. here is a quote from the thread "Please, remember that If you’re getting support for your work, it is because your readers are doing it “OF THEIR OWN VOLITION” " therfor i will not talk about it unless i am asked a question it only goes there please refer to http://www.royalroadl.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10417

as of now i am waiting for approval this may mean i get approved or may not but right now this is all i will do to talk about it.

Full Pr credits to Draconis

Dont forget to Rate/Follow/Favourite as it helps me grow into a better author

-----------

Avrin had entered and taken a seat opposite of Myra, his arms folded and his eyes shut as he tried to hide his anger that wanted a chance to come out of the years of being suppressed to a degree. Avrin had managed to deal with Ayame whenever she tried to attack him. Every time she would, he would just give a few sweet words and watch her light up like a firework before heading off for a few days. She was the brawn and no brain type to an extent and it was also amusing to watch.

Izanami often bothered him but it seemed she had been told by her father as well as Shimaru to stop bothering Avrin, so he hadn't seen her in nearly a year and a half, which was good. Amias was the same considering he had his own training. Avrin had seen him battle an opponent before he was sent to train for 2 years and secluded. Amias had potential, others said he was a genius like his father but Avrin didn't know enough about his father to know.

And now comes the main point, the one that had trapped Avrin in a magical shield and had to make him feel like an experiment. What made it worse was she was the one that had helped Shimaru’s clan. Avrin had to think of a way out of this, but was also wondering why she was here.

The room was silent for awhile before Shimaru let out his joyful santa like laugh and spoke “Ho ho ho! Myra I forgot to ask, what brings you to this humble estate?” Shimaru asked as if trying to also seek an answer.

Myra smiled as she sat cross legged. It looked cute considering she was a loli “Shi, I received your letter regarding humans knowing of your clans existence” She spoke in a somewhat lecture tone towards him which made him rub the back of head and grin as if he were a child. Then again, Myra, being a Sylph, was most likely centuries older than him, even if she didn't look it. “I’m sorry Myra, it seems my old age has made me forget a bit to often.”

Myra smiled and then turned to Avrin with a mischievous grin. She could see he was hiding his frustration “Avrin, Shi has told me in his letter about a disciple with an enigmatic ability with a unique aura unlike anything of this world. I just had to come here and see for myself”

Avrin gave a soft glare. From her words alone, it wasn't hard for him to know she identified Shimaru’s disciple as him. “I’m grateful lady Myra that you consider me as such an important disciple of teacher.” He spoke giving face to Shimaru. This test was to see how well he did under pressure. The last time they met, Avrin showed a lot of anger, and this sudden change made Myra widen her eyes in shock as if she were speaking to an entirely different person.

But it seems they both had the idea that they would not let Shimaru know they had met before. “Ahh yes Myra, Avrin is indeed unique...Over these past 2 years his progress has been astonishing...I have never met anyone like him before. I'm starting to even doubt he is a demon considering his body’s development” Avrin just gave a soft chuckle and spoke in a jokeful tone “Haha teacher, you even doubt your own disciple. I feel saddened”

Shimaru gazed at Avrin and grinned “Was it you who put the condition of not asking personal questions? This cannot be considered personal“ Shimaru was right. As long as he did not personally ask Avrin it wasn't considered unfair.

Myra smiled and looked at Avrin with a wink “Well your disciple is indeed handsome. That is a fact. I’m sure there are many females out there who would want a strong and attractive individual like yourself. I’m sure even Syrana would be intrigued with you”

That name made Avrin almost cringe as he tensed his stomach. He knew she did that on purpose and his face was a little red. Not from embarrassment but from anger. He gave another soft chuckle and spoke “My dear lady Myra, unfortunately I am not interested in a relationship as I have my own self to work on.”

Myra nodded and gazed at Shimaru “Shi, I would like some time alone with your disciple. If that is ok. It seems this way I may get to know more about him.” Shimaru gazed at Avrin. Even though he was his teacher, he wouldn't force Avrin to do something he wouldn't like. Avrin smiled and bowed to Shimaru slightly “Teacher, it is fine. I would also like to talk to lady Myra. Maybe I could get to know the outside world more”

Shimaru folded his arms and let out a sort of lonely huff before nodding “Very well, very well. Then I shall take my leave. I need to speak with my son anyway.” Shimaru, although old and wise, was still young at heart, which was why he acted younger than his age occasionally. He got up and left, leaving Myra and Avrin gazing at each other.

Myra spoke first “So Avri-.” before she could continue Avrin interrupted. “I have no idea what you are doing here..But I recommend you not bother me. I've little patience for your kind after trapping me like a pet”

Myra blinked in surprise before laughing “Hahaha, you waste little time in releasing pent up frustration. Ahh, I guess that was a bit uncalled for. I apologise Avrin, but as you know I take the safety of my race before anything else… As for keeping you there” She sighed and pouted “It brought quite a bit of bad luck so I wouldn’t dare to bring you back. I’m afraid of the angels finding out again”

Avrin raised a brow and spoke “Angels finding out again? So that battle with those winged creatures. They were angels?” Myra blinked and smiled “I would expect you to know about them. There isn’t a being alive that doesn't know angels exist. At least a few times in a lifetime one will see an angel, but there are drawings of them. And yet you don't know what they appear like”

Avrin kept his arms folded before speaking “Whatever the case, I owe them thanks. Without their interference I wouldn’t have been free from that cage” Myra sighed and gave a soft whimper “Heyy thats a gift from the goddess Lenaya. Have a little respect brat“ She spoke angrily which was also somewhat cute.

Avrin grinned as he wanted to anger her a little more after what she did “I'm sorry, but I do not believe in the gods of this world” Myra clenched her fists while making a sour face before realising something. “Oohh gods of this world. Does that mean you're not from Seleria?”

Avrin only smiled “I’m sorry Myra, but I’d rather not answer that. Oh yes, I have to ask your Sigil Weapon something. Do you have it with you?”

Myra almost jumped back at being asked that question, as she was cautious. “Yes I do. I never leave without it...Do not attempt to steal it…” Avrin raised his hands as if surrendering a bit “I wouldn't dream of it. I would only like to examine it a little. After all, you're more than capable of defeating me easily”

Myra pondered this. She was a bit cautious, he was, after all, a being that was dangerous enough to be kept in that cage. In truth, she did wanted to capture him, but she knew Shimaru would interfere, and she did not want to ruin relations. Not to mention she knew Avrin had gotten more powerful and was giving her face by saying she was more powerful. In truth, she felt like it would be a dangerous battle.

But she discovered something. She smiled “Oh I will let you hold it and examine it for as long as you like on one condition” Avrin raised a curious brow expecting to give something in return. “As a fairy, our curiosity, unlike our elven counterparts, are easily piqued. And you are more than just an enigmatic level user. I want to know more about you Avrin… If you satisfy my curiosity I will tell you all you like about moonwing and even assist you in what you need.”

Avrin thought carefully. On one side, he got to see the structure of a Sigil Weapon as well as receive her assistance whenever he needed. The sigil weapon alone is enough for him to consider it, as he needed a template of the gods power. But what she asked for made him iffy. Regarding it, he wouldn't be able to lie to a being of magic.

The tale has been taken without authorization; if you see it on Amazon, report the incident.


Especially a Sigil user like her. “Very well. I'll tell you the bare minimum. There is no way for me to see if you are trustworthy or not...Since you will be the only one I have told on Seleria, if this spreads, I'll know who spread it.“ He spoke in a sort of threatful manner which made Myra shiver a bit.

She smiled and nodded before scooting closer to Avrin with curious eyes, like a child. Which made him feel uncomfortable. He shook his head and took a deep breath before looking around making sure no one was listening in. Especially Izanami. After it seemed clear he spoke. “I am not from this world or from this plane of existence…” He spoke thinking they wouldn't know what a universe was. It seemed easier.

Myra gazed for a moment giving a sort of poker face before examining Avrin to see if he was lying. Reading his outward mana as well as his expressions, and in that moment her mouth dropped open “Wow wow WOW!!!!!!!!! Doesn't that mean you're a god to?!!!!!!” She almost wanted to jump around and cling onto him to ask more but he spoke to keep her still “I am not a god...Infact you can say that I was a human who was given a second chance by god..”

Myra tilted her head and spoke as she clicked her finger “Reincarnation!” Avrin nodded “Indeed” Myra then smiled and spoke again “Then which god Reincarnated you? Was it Septem? Or maybe Zephiroron? Or eve-” Avrin sighed and spoke “None of those lesser gods….Don’t lump them together with god himself”

Myra was astounded at his words. Referring to the creators of Seleria as lesser, she was sure the heavens would split in rage if they had heard. He continued to speak “The god I am referring to is creature of this existence. The creator of your gods….Do not tell me you thought that since you live on Seleria that those 8 gods created everything else? Hah” Avrin almost chuckled which made Myra turn red with embarrassment. She didn't know what to say. She felt Avrin wasn't lying to her, but she was still careful.

“Then who is this one god?” Myra spoke before Avrin smiled “That is all I’ll tell you about him. I'm quite sure he is listening in right now and I would not like to face his wrath. Moving on, I am not a demon, and I am not an Enigmatic level user.”

Myra’s jaw almost dropped again but instead she asked “Not a demon? But you look so much like one!“ She reached over and began to tug on his pointed ears before stopping, giving a teehee sound as she saw he looked irritated. “I’m what the god that created me calls a Spectral. I know little of this race but I dare not share information with you as it may be used against me” He spoke solidly. Knowing it wasn't wise to speak about what he was. It was an advantage he would rather not tell, even though Myra was pouting like a child before speaking again.

“Fine fine..Then, if you won't tell me that. What did you mean by you are not an Enigmatic level user?” Avrin opened his palm and emitted a nebula mist. “In this existence, mana creates everything. From inanimate objects to life itself. There isn't anything that isn’t made from mana. That is where I come in.

I am made from purely what is known as dark matter. It is manas equivalent in my own plane of existence. I am able to convert mana and turn it into dark matter to create my abilities and so forth. You could say in this world it would be like an individual who is freely able to control mana without limits”

Myra blinked with interest. She was indeed right to assume Avrin was unique and cage him to begin with. His potential, if given time, was indeed capable of being godlike and somewhat frightening. She dared not ask questions without first confirming something “So a being such as you with limitless power...What do you intend to do on Seleria? Become a hero or someone that burns everything to the ground?” She spoke with a serious tone and look.

Avrin gazed and only grinned “That is my business. From what I have seen, Seleria is indeed interesting, and burning it will be of no use to me as long as people do not provoke me. I have no need to hurt or kill anyone. As for my purpose” Avrin smirked and narrowed his eyes at Myra. His eyes began to glow a deep purple as they emitted an aura which frightened her a bit. She knew Avrin was indeed significantly stronger than before.

“I intend to be a god myself” Myra froze as she stayed quiet for a moment before gazing at Avrin, clenching the hand which the sigil was imbued in. “A god?...Do you not want to help people and receive praise?...There are many that are suffering even in these times of peace, you would be hailed as a hero.”

Avrin chuckled softly and smiled “I have no need to help those who are in distress. I do not want to be a hero. That title has no meaning for me, nor do I seek pleasure in praise from those individuals. I would like to progress by myself and focus on my own path. I shall not bother anyone if they do not bother me a fair deal. Now then Myra, if your curiosity is sated I think it’s fair you allow me to examine your Sigil.

Myra frowned at Avrin’s reply but she knew someone with his mindset and self arrogance could not change easily, but she was certain she could change it in time. Someone like him, capable of being a god, could be the symbol of hope. The gods of Seleria did not interfere, so she wanted to try and change his mind in time.

“Very well Avrin…” She raise her hand to which an object which seemed like a broken semicircle floated from her right palm into midair before a bright light flashed and the staff Moonwing appeared. Before she could hand it to Avrin he reached over and took it as he looked at it.

His eyes augmented as he examined the mana flow as well as emitted a new type of dark matter particle that helped discern materials. “This is indeed powerful….I can see why Syrana managed to use her own to nearly kill me so easily..” He spoke with annoyance.

Avrin then noticed some runes on the staff rod of moonwing “This is...similar to that of the tome. Myra what do these markings mean?” He spoke curiously to which she smiled and scooted closer to Avrin, almost brushing against him playfully “These markings translate to The Divine Staff Moonwing, given by favor of the divine gods to help protect the Sylph Race From the Draconic power”

Avrin tilted his head. “Draconic power?” Myra, now knowing Avrin was new, explained to him “Centuries ago, a Dragon awoke during a war and decimated nearly all the forces of 4 races. And in return, the god Septim, along with the other gods, bestowed Sigils upon their created race to combat Dragons should they attack.”

Avrin smiled. He enjoyed the history of Seleria. It seemed so unreal, like a plot in a fantasy game. He felt a little otaku inside himself as he grinned. “So you can read these runes... Well then, do me a favor…” Avrin, using the nebula mist that was floating in mid air after he grabbed Moonwing, formed the mythological Tome in a few seconds which was significantly quicker than when he first did, so he truly had advanced a lot.

He reached for the Tome, taking it from mid air as the faint nebula mist like aura engulfing it dispersed. Myra, who was watching with curiosity, was handed the Tome by Avrin “The markings on your weapon resemble the ones on this tome...Decipher it please”

Avrin knew shop keeper understood a bit of the words on it, but seeing Moonwing’s markings made him forget about the weapon altogether. After spotting the runes on the weapon, he wanted to know what this tome hid. And it had been 2 years since he had bothered to think about it. Now was perfect.

Myra was gazing curiously at it. She would then raise her hand, imbuing a light magic onto the Tome to see it clearer. She gave a look of excitement and happiness. “Amazing! This Tome... It’s from one of our most prominent Sylph mages. The first fairy Archmage, Li’redion“ She smiles as if she had remembered something nice. “He is also my grandfather…”

Avrin knew Myra seemed to be somewhat thankful to have something that belonged to her family. Then again, he only wanted to know what it held. If she were to try and steal what it was after he went through the effort of stealing this tome himself there would be problems. He spoke softly “It reads, Myra?..”

Myra shook her head and snapped out of her memory like daze as she began to decipher the Tome

--------------

Please report errors and loopholes

Advertisement
Remove

Support "Spectral Regalia"

About the author

Zephon

  • Australia.
  • Penguin Cliffhanger

Bio:

Achievements
Comments(70)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In