Advertisement
Remove
Sleep is for the weak!

No seriously though, I'm tired and I'll fix any errors tomorrow. Goodnight

=Cor=


“........run.......”

“.......?!”

The second I’m roused from my slumber I’m assailed by feelings of pain and desperation. Him, they’re hurting him, the one who created me. The ones doing it are the two he calls “father” and “mother”.

I can feel “mother” forcing her powers through him. I move deeper inside, away from her encroaching power.

Why? Why are they doing such a thing to him. I can feel it the love they both hold for him and his for them but yet.....

How dare they.

How dare they betray his trust like this, hurt him like this.

No.

I need to calm down. Whats important is getting him out of here, away from them. The problem is how. With her powers saturating our body I won’t be able to take control of it.

My shadows though are a different story. I reach out gripping the closest shadows available to me. Within direct sunlight they’ll fall fall apart almost instantly.

Since sunlight is coming in through the window I’ll have to be clever. It will only be a small distraction but if done at the right moment.....

So I sit and wait. Watching her intrude further and further into my domain, until her power is power is almost touching me, when she’s focusing on it the most.......Now!

Needles, thousands upon thousands of them burst out from under my shirt. I’d drawn this idea from one of his memories of a strange animal, a porcupine it had been called.

Most of them of course dissolved in the light once they had punctured the shirt, but some hadn’t. The ones that hadn’t had been the ones puncture “mother’s” hand and all of “father’s” front.

Inside their bodies they were shielded from the full effects of the sunlight, the puncture wounds would usually allow light in, but as they were touching me my own body covered them up.

“Mother” jumped back with a gasp, cutting off the power that she forced through me abruptly. Quickly I seize the moment, grabbing back control of the body.

“Father” though behind me just gave a faint grunt. Now in full control I wriggle around in his grasp, damaging him further with the needles, shielded from the light by our bodies. Finally he drops me, giving out a weak gasp and grasping at his now bloody chest.

Knowing that I can’t face them directly I immediately make my escape, sprinting through the still open doorway, ignoring their cries.  Once outside I ran, checking behind me for pursuit.

None.

Likely looking over “father’s” injuries, the needles had been only about as long as a fingernail,but I probably mauled him pretty badly with them when I had started to wiggle around. Once I’m far enough I stop, taking look at the bodies condition inside and out.

On the chest was a hand shaped burn mark, where she had forced power into our body, luckily that was the only external injury.

On the inside though, things were a little worse, when she had cut off her power from him suddenly the power that had been left behind inside of him had started to flow out, taking some of his soul with it.

I need to heal him but how? I can’t use energy to fill in the missing gaps in his soul, while it would “fill” them per say, he would be missing large parts of himself, like replacing a torn out page in a book with blank paper.

Could I use another soul?

Two complete souls that are incompatible won’t be able to stay in a body toegther, nevermind combine and blend.

What about pieces? What if I took pieces of another’s soul and put those in? small enough pieces so that they don’t have a sense of “self”. Would they reject each other then?

But if pure energy is a blank piece of paper then a piece of a soul is like a page from a completely different book.

What effect would that have? Would it create two separate “selfs” in him? Warp his current one?

Stop!

It doesn’t matter, if i don’t do something he’ll die, and this is all I can think off.

A case of literary theft: this tale is not rightfully on Amazon; if you see it, report the violation.


But where will I get one?

I don’t have enough time to hunt someone down. It’s not like somebody’s just laying around for me-

The girl.

Would she work? At the time I had ignored her, thinking her a husk but....... she had been breathing.

A soul can’t live without a body, and a body can’t live without a soul. Both would die on their own.

Something had to be left! But still.......

I don’t know, I just don’t, but she’s my only hope, so I have to, he don’t have much time left and if she is alive she won’t be for  long like that.

So I run, combing through my memories to find the way there. After what seemed like hours of desperate running I finally find it again. panting I come up to the edge, making sure nobody is nearby.

Looking in a get a second look at the scene of carnage. The entrails that used to hang from the trees now lie on the ground, unable to hold their own weight in on the tree branches for long. The corpses have yet to rot, it has only been a couple hours.

None of the fear that had once covered area remained, only the stench of spoiling meat remained.

I dart my gaze over to the tree she had been left against, and still is. I dart over , dried blood crunching underfoot. Kneeling down beside her I hover my hand over her mouth and nose.

A brush of air, barely perceptible.

She’s still alive. With that confirmation I move my right hand to her forehead, praying that theirs enough of her left to heal him. At first nothing, empty like a corpse would be.

Where? Where is i-

A spark, at the very edge of my ability to sense.

I stop, straining for it again, unable to feel it I again move around the empty space that used to be the girls “self”.

Another!

I narrow my search area, straining once again for that faint feeling.

I repeat the pattern until I finally find it. Shining like a jewel in the darkness to my senses. A small fragment of her soul. A crystallization her “bare bones” self, the summary page of a book you might say.

This one though had much less energy, almost none. The Revenant must have missed it, after all he had a lot more filling meals lying around.

Slowly I gather the fragment up, using the utmost care in it’s handling. Slowly I wrap it in energy, dragging it out her body and back into mine and Varith’s.

Slowly I unwrap it, careful not to damage them any more then they are. Slowly I take one, moving it over to one of the damaged areas, trying to connect them.

Trying again.

And again.

And again

No matter what they won’t connect. Does this mean that no matter how little “self” is posses they won’t connect if not compatible

No...

At this rate he’ll die.  

Where? Where can I find a compa-

Me, I could use myself to fill the gaps.

Yes..... that will work, even if I disappear I have to save him. But.... he’d be alone then, could I leave him like that? No........ but I have to..... their is one thing I can do....... maybe it will help.

I go the girls small crystallization of self, pouring a small amount of pure energy into it, enough to start it up again.

“Please........ please keep him company.”

With that I start to heal Varith, pouring my energy and self into all of the gaps in his soul.

Don’t stop pouring energy.

Don’t stop no matter what.

Stop What?

Pouring energy into him.

Why?

He needs it.

For what?

........I don’t know, but don’t stop.

Stop what?

Pouring.......

Pouring what?

I-I don’t know but don’t stop

Don’t............ stop.

Do....n’t....st......p.........

..........do.......

.....................

......................

..................................

............................................

.....................................................
Advertisement
Remove

About the author

Ultra Nex

  • U.S.A, East Coast
  • Morally Questionable Penguin

Bio:

Achievements
Comments(9)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In