Advertisement
Remove
Alrighty you some momentous news. This shall be the last chapter for Towards the Light since I am planning to take the story in a different direction now. DO NOT WORRY, the story is not dead. I will be making a sequel going off what is stated in the following. This is a teaser if you will. It is also a GUARANTEE that this storyline will continue. It may be a while though since I have to prepare for standardized testing like the Psat and the Sat and the Act. All that fun stuff. YAY! Now, I hope to see the same enthusiasm for the sequel as I has seen in this one. This has been a journey, and this story would not be where it is without you all for your support. I am kinda stuck for the title for the sequel, so leave a comment below with your thoughts on the sequel title. You can complain and heckle as much as you want about this decision for such a big plot change, but I probably will NOT take as much notice of them because I feel this decision is the best for this story. So, do what you always have. Rate, Comment, and leave an advanced rating. And prepare for a new adventure!

No one will ever know what happened after those ten seconds, but the event that occurred hugely affected the “game” world and reality.

October 21, 20XX

The world was in for such a huge shift, some even began to name it the apocalypse. Armegedon.

Upon this day, in the countryside of Oklahoma in the middle of the field of Mr. John Stewart, a massive explosion of silvery light and flames occurred without any warning. It mushroomed high into the sky, and as it fell, a black miasma spread across the sky, blotting out the sun, and causing wide spread crop death. The American military, all fine men and women, investigated thoroughly and discovered a strange phenomenon.
In the middle of the field of Mr. Stewart were what seemed to be ruins of a town, and a grand castle. Architecture that was not of our world.

Around the world, phenomenon similar to this began showing up with ever increasing frequency.

In Time Square, a large number of wolves appeared and caused mass panic.

Stolen content alert: this content belongs on Royal Road. Report any occurrences.

A fleet of hundreds of wooden boats suddenly appeared off the coast of California.
A land mass equivalent to that of Australia suddenly appeared in the North Atlantic Ocean.
A vast forest suddenly replaced the landscape and housing to the west of Mr. Stewart’s field. Humanoid beings with elongated ears and fair skin populated this vast forest.

Other such instances occurred all over the world. The scared public looked to the major political organizations for an explanation for this phenomenon. All claimed ignorance to the even that shook the world.

Thus, the governments of the world began their respective investigations.

The explosion in Oklahoma was the first to be investigated, because it was the most destructive. None of the military’s personnel expected to find anything alive at all. It would not be humanly possible to survive such a large explosion.

However, to their extreme surprise, they found one.

In the center of the rubble and ruins, they found a Caucasian male with white hair that came to his shoulders sitting upon his knees looking blankly at the sky. A line of dried tears was streaked upon his dust stained face. Upon closer investigation, it was revealed that he was unconscious.

They took him back with them to the research base set up to investigate Phenomenon H-1.

When awoken, he was asked a series of questions by the doctor. The following is paraphrased from the report submitted by the doctor about his brief exchange with his patient.

Q: What is your name?
A: Sameul sir.

Q: Where are you from?
A: I am a citizen of the United States of America.

Q: Do you know what the caused the silver explosion?
A: I did sir. I thought I was in a game.

Q: What is this game?
A: Monster Mayhem Online.

The patient fell asleep after a few more diagnostic questions to assess mental health and stability.

This is where the chapter of “just a game” closes and a new one is to be written.
Advertisement
Remove

About the author

Mad Jester

  • California
  • Insanity Incarnate

Bio: I am going into my Senior year. I am currently living it in LA, pursuing an acting career. If one asked me what is the center pillar of my life, I would answer God. His grace and love support me, even when the sky is stormy, and life seems to fall apart around me. I am His.

Achievements
Comments(13)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In