Advertisement
Remove
Revenge


It took Orion 5 hours to decipher all the words successfully, and reaching 100% in understanding of Magic Language. He finally learned more about the curse and how to remove it. It seems that the particular curse that was used on him, was also used by an ancient civilization to make contracts, however a twisted man modified it so that it can be used to enslave people.

After using this curse to enslave an entire army to take over the kingdom this man was finally killed and a group of old experts found a way to remove the curse.

The solution was simple but elegant. Create another curse just as powerful that conflicts with the current one and they shall destroy each other, both curses being nullified. Orion quickly picked up a scroll and started to draw the symbol that was shown in the book. It took him half an hour to make it, since he wanted to make sure every detail is right.

Now was the moment of truth. He took his shirt off and put the scroll to his chest. Orion started to feel his chest burning again just like when he was cursed. He tried as hard as he could to not make any noise to attract attention and focus on something else so that he won’t feel the pain but it was in vain as the pain only increased. Then his chest stopped hurting and instead his right palm was starting to burn. Not as strong as his chest but it still hurt.

Orion looked at his palm when the pain stopped. It looked similar to the curse on his chest but it was different. For one thing the symbols were different, and they were not black but white with a small tint of blue. He picked up the book again and started searching for the symbol on his hand. A window appeared all of a sudden.
Quest Completed
Quest Name:Break the Curse
Quest Rank:D
Quest Reward:Knowledge about curses
Magic language
New class
Experience(will be received after the growth period)
+300 Fame
Description:
You broke the curse that enslaved you.
By breaking the curse you are offered a long forgotten class.


Then a different type of window appeared in front of him. One he didn’t saw before.
Class Change
Class Name:Pactio
Class Type:Hidden
Description:
A class that was quite common thousands of years ago. Now no one remembers this class and few written records are available about them. This class specialized in Pacts, contracts of the soul but they were also skilled fighters that punished those who were wicked. They could sense when someone was wicked
You are the first to receive this class in over 5000 years.
You receive the following class bonuses:
+100 MP
+50 HP
+100% MP and HP regeneration rate
Do you accept this class?


Orion didn’t even hesitate before saying “YES”

[/tds]
New skills gained
Skill Name:Skill Rank:Skill Level:Skill Experience:
PactBeginner10%
You are able to create a contract with someone. You are able to put in a contract a maximum of 3 demands. Both parties will be punished if the contract is not followed.
You are not able to force a contract on anyone.
Cost: 100 MP
Skill Name:Skill Rank:Skill Level:Skill Experience:
Soul SenseBeginner10%
You are able to sense someone who has heavy sins. The heavier the sins the easier is to detect. Defeating someone infamous will grant you fame.
Skill Name:Skill Rank:Skill Level:Skill Experience:
StrengthenBeginner10%
A skill that raises the speed and flexibility of the user to increase strength and agility by 50% for 10 minutes.
Cost:100 mana


Orion was happy with the skills his new class gave him. He then touched his chest where the curse was and he didn’t feel any pain.
“The curse is really gone…..it really is! Oh….oh no! I forgot that now they will see if they remove the shirt that the curse is gone. I should do something about that…”

He then remembered, the skill his mother though him. Using his mana he drew an exact replica on his chest of the curse, but left out a small detail out. The detail was what activated it. He put his shirt back on and started to think of a plan to take revenge. He couldn’t take them head on. Although he had stats that were similar to a higher level player he is still was a weakling compared to the bandits.

The bandits were around level 30 and they were about 25 of them. They also had better armor and weapons. While pacing around the room he noticed something that wasn’t there before. There were some mushrooms in a corner. Orion then remembered that, that’s where he usually meditated. It seems that the blue sweat he released earlier was actually similar to a mana potion. The sweat was absorbed by the ground and it accelerated the growth of the mushrooms.

He approached the mushrooms but didn’t touch them. He used identify on them but it failed. He tried again tree times before succeeding. When he read the description he let out a smirk. They were highly poisonous mushrooms that would stay dormant in the organism for 3 days before killing it’s host.
It was the perfect weapon to use against the bandits. He logged out to get some sleep and eat.

After a few hours of sleep Jake logged back in. He carefully picked the mushrooms and using some of the old rusty knives he then grounded them up into something almost like a powder. He hid the powder into a piece of paper, and then wrapped into piece of rabbit pelt. Then he buried it in a corner.

The tale has been illicitly lifted; should you spot it on Amazon, report the violation.


Soon after be buried the poison he received a visit from a bandit. He gave him two bags of items and told Orion to repair them. He had two days to finish all the items. It seems that the bandits will leave on a raid again for two days. From what he could hear from outside only a few of them will remain to keep watch over the cave.

This was the perfect time to start the plan. He repaired about half of the items similarly as before. Then for the first time since he was cursed he got out of the room. He noticed 2 bandits were left in the whole cave, and they were drunk and asleep. For the next hour he checked the rooms in the cave. He took some items from one room and put them in another. Not too many, only a few but enough to rise suspicion among themselves.

Then he took a few bottles of water, enough to last for a week. He took them back to his room and hid them in the ground. He dug out the poison and took it with him. There was enough poison to kill a small army but Orion wanted to make sure they died in agonizing pain so he decided to use it all.

The first thing he did was poison the main water source. Then he headed to each and every one of the shacks and smeared poison on to the inside of the cups. While using the poison he found a letter from the ruler of the nearby city. In the letter there was written some sort of agreement between Cross and a noble. As long as they don’t kill or rob nobles they can do whatever they wanted.

Orion was surprised at the actions of the nobles but didn’t care much. He had now another reason to kill the bandits besides revenge. As he used up all the poison he decided to investigate the cave further.

He went back and finished the repairs. While waiting for the bandits to return he started painting on every surface he found and then absorbing it. In 24 hours he raised his mana painting skill up to beginner level 8 and could now use black,whites,red, green and blue. Until he reached level 3 he could only paint simple shapes but now at level 8 some of the paintings were pretty good. They could be better but he couldn’t use all the colors the way he wanted.

When the bandits arrived, Orion could hear them laughing, being proud of what they just did. A bandit came and took the repaired items and gave 10 other bags of items to repair. For the next hour they all drank and celebrated since they found some rich merchant. Orion could hear them and while he repaired the items he only smirked.

When they fell asleep Orion sneaked out with a dagger he took from the new loot. He headed to the shack of the one he knew was the weakest. He slowly approached him and then lifted the dagger and stabbed him in the neck. He died instantly. He cut off his head and then put the head in the center of the cave. Orion smirking knowing that this will cause panic and then went to sleep.

The next morning Orion woke up to screaming and noise. The bandits were searching the cave for an intruder. A bandit finally opened the door and searched the room Orion was in. There was no one there obviously. The man grumbled and then left screaming that there was no one there. After they checked the cave and found no one, they started to suspect each other. This was only amplified when they found that some items were missing.

When they found the items in their friends room they accused each other of being thieves. While shouting at each other some even started to fight. Before Cross came to calm them down, 5 bandits were already dead. That night there were more bandits awake than usual. They were patrolling the cave entrance. Orion didn’t even need to sneak since they didn’t think that someone from inside was guilty.

Orion this time killed two bandits. He put the heads in the center of the cave and went to sleep. The next day again they were shouting and searching the cave but found nothing. This time Cross came to his room to check. When he reached the door to leave, he asked to see Orion’s chest.
-“I order you to tell me if you know anything about what happened”
-“I don’t know anything. I haven’t left this room since you put the curse on me”

Satisfied Cross walked away and after closing the door Orion smirked but his eyes were like that of a predator hunting its prey. This time Orion didn’t kill anyone since he wanted for them to suffer from the poison.

The third day most of them started to cough blood. They said that they feel like their insides were burning. They were screaming in pain. Soon more of them started to join them. To Orion their screams were music to his ears. He kept on painting like always while waiting for them to die. After a few hours the screaming stopped. Orion decided to wait an hour before leaving the room just in case.

An hour later Orion left the room. Outside in the cave there were bodies everywhere. Some of them were put in a pile. Some of them were just lying around. As he walked among them holding a dagger in both hands, since some might be still alive he heard a noise.

He carefully approached the source of the noise. The noise was coming from the bandit’s leader shack. He opened the door and as he did he was kicked in the stomach losing a large chunk of HP. It was Cross. Cross was still coughing out blood and was weaker than usual but still strong.

Orion using his speed he used the daggers to cut the part behind the knees making Cross collapse. He had no more strength to fight. Then he looked at the young man in front of him and with an angry looked stared.

Orion pulled the shirt away and used absorbed the mana ink from his chest, the symbol disappearing. Cross seeing this went pale, and after coughing out some more blood he tried to pick up his sword again but Orion kicked it away.

He then stepped on his chest. He used one of the daggers to make small cuts all over his body. Not deep enough to kill him, but deep enough to cause him pain. After ten minutes of screaming, Cross finally died. He was full of cuts and his face was full of pain.

He finally had his revenge and was free.
Quest Completed
Quest Name:Freedom
Quest Rank:D+
Quest Reward:-Freedom
-You will start growing again
-Any items you desire from the cave
-Fame +500
-Experience(will be received after the growth period )
-Additional Experience for killing all the bandits
-Title Bane of Bandits
-New skill Illusion Shift
-Familiarity with the commoners in the nearby city increased
Description:
You took revenge by killing all the bandits that enslaved you.


Advertisement
Remove

About the author

rulpra

Bio: -

Achievements
Comments(5)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In