Advertisement
Remove

'Your God saved you, now it is time to return the favour. Find him and save him from his own stupidity.'

Cynthia shoots up from her bed in a cold sweat. She grasps her head as she can feel a headache creeping up on her. Cynthia lays her hand down beside her and strokes the blood-soaked Scythe that is beside her on the bed. Her eye throbs slightly and she grips her head harder as the combined pain of her eye and headache is killing her. The only way she can cure this pain is simple. Cause pain to other living creatures. Good or evil, doesn't matter as long as they bleed. It has been this way ever since Cynthia has found this Scythe but she doesn't mind.

She doesn't know why she has been chosen by the God of Death but she intends on finding out soon. Something inside of her is drawing her closer and closer to what Cynthia feels is her God. She gets up with a groan and stretches when she gets out of bed. Walking over to her curtains, Cynthia moves them, letting sunlight rid her room of darkness. Cynthia looks outside and puts a smile on her face.

Bodies. Many of them litter the ground while wild animals devour them. Cynthia had gone on a murderous rampage after killing her father and even collected some small white orbs from the bodies. They went inside of her Scythe and have been trapped in there ever since. Cynthia looks down at her white shirt she slept in and sees it has been completely stained to the point where it looks like it was made red. Not caring, the black haired girl walks over to the side of her bed and picks her black skirt off of the ground and slips in on. She then picks up her weapon and is ready to go adventuring for the day.

Out of the house and past the dead corpse of her mom, Cynthia walks through her village and looks for an animal to prey on and relieve her pain. As she walks by the corpses, she sees the familiar faces she had once seen every day of her life. This causes anger to fill Cynthia as she also remembers how they treated her for having the Eye of the Reaper, a sign that death would follow Cynthia wherever she went. She doesn't even know how to use it yet they still beat her to the point of nearly dying and shunned her when they weren't beating her. She had gotten used to it but the anger she has had stored up for 19 years finally released when she got some actual power. They all yelled and cursed Cynthia as she killed everyone and their families.

Done reminiscing about her most hated memories, Cynthia walks around a corner to find a large bear eating a corpse. When the Dire Bear sees Cynthia, it flashes a grin that is splattered with blood. It is happy to find a meal that will be warm when it eats for once. The Dire Bear charges at Cynthia, shaking the ground due how large it is. Once it reaches Cynthia, it rears back onto two legs and readies its right paw to slice the meal in front of it to pieces. As the paw goes to fall down unto Cynthia and end her life, a slash in the wind is heard and blood sprays out of the Dire Bear's newly made stump that has replaced its arm. Its arm goes flying through the air and lands on the ground with a loud thud. This sudden injury causes the Dire Bear to fall backwards in pain and roar in anger. Before it has the chance to regain any type of composure, Cynthia jumps up and lands on the Dire Bear's stomach with a menacing grin on her face. Her cheeks are blushing and her pupils are small as she revels in the pain of living beings.

If you stumble upon this tale on Amazon, it's taken without the author's consent. Report it.

With another quick slash, the Dire Bear's head is cut from the mouth up and the top half of its head slips off of its body. The headache that pained Cynthia is now gone and she can feel tingling all over her body. She is relishing in the presence of blood and she can't help herself and gets overly excited. With a few shaky breathes Cynthia is finally able to calm herself and her mind clears up a bit. She never knew she would love death so much or why she does now, but all she does know is that she can live off of it for the rest of her life. Little did Cynthia know was that Vert is the reason why she loves Death so much since she is the Hero of the living epitome of it. Finally jumping off the furry beast, Cynthia sees something out of the corner of her vision and the menacing smile on her face has turned straight maniacal now since she has something else to kill.

Cynthia slowly walks over to where she saw the movement in her vision and soon she is met with a woman. The woman has white hair with cat ears and is looking at Cynthia rather calmly. Laughing a little due to the easy prey, Cynthia readies her Scythe but she can feel something in her heart that makes her collapse. She winces in pain and looks up at the white-haired cat girl. The girl looks just as confused as Cynthia does but shrugs it off and walks up to the fallen Cynthia. She crouches down so Cynthia and her are eye to eye so she can talk to Cynthia.

"Cynthia, Hero of the God of Death. Your God needs you. If you let them take his power then you will cease to exist. Now you have two options, come with me and save him or stay here and enjoy your last peaceful moments of life."

Cynthia is grabbing her chest as the pain is nearly unbearable and her breathing is heavy but she can still think about what the cat girl just said. If this cat girl is telling the truth then she will finally meet the one who gave her the ultimate power. After 30 seconds of heavy breathing and pain, the pain completely vanishes, relieving Cynthia from the horrifying feel of it. Now able to actually function, Cynthia looks up at the cat girl and gives her an answer.

"I will come with you."

The cat girl smiles and puts a hand on Cynthia's shoulder.

"Good, now let's go!"

A bright flash pierces Cynthia's vision and blinds her for a few seconds. As the light leaves her eyes, Cynthia can see they are now surrounded by a thick forest with an extremely large hole next to them. Yelling is heard from with the hole that makes it so Cynthia can barely hear what the cat girl is saying.

"He is in there. You must find your way through the deepest parts of The Pit and save him. Good luck! Also, the time you take the more the likely you will feel that pain in your heart again since that pain is the feeling of someone taking your God's power away from him."

Cynthia nods her head to acknowledge what the cat girl had said and the woman completely vanishes from Cynthia's sight in a bright flash. A little dazed from being blinded twice now, Cynthia takes a seat onto the ground to fully regain herself. She still has her Scythe so Cynthia feels she can kill any opponent that gets in her way. The noise coming from The Pit gets louder and the yelling has turned into a mix of cheering and booing. Cynthia walks over to the massive hole and can what is going on inside.

Short people litter the sides of the hole as they all sit on wooden benches. Cynthia recognizes these people as Gnomes as a few traveling Gnomes passed through her village a few times. She looks into the middle of The Pit and sees two metallic creatures, one lays on the ground, headless, while the other one holds its head in the air like a trophy. Cynthia can feel that these creatures aren't alive but she can't explain what they are. What she does know is that all these little Gnomes around her can easily lead to many dead bodies, which would be very pleasing to her body.

Advertisement
Remove
A note from Freww6

Magi's Articulium Entry Number 3,721: Anyone who receives power from the God of Death is instilled with an undying thirst for blood. If this thirst is not quenched regularly or the person is trained to quell the thirst themselves with willpower, the thirst will cause pain. The more power you receive the more pain you feel if you do not fix the thirst. If the thirst proceeds long enough, their soul with break and they will ultimately turn into an Abomination that kills anything it sees move. If you find someone who has received power from the God of Death, run away or plan on killing them as Death is like a drug for them and they will stop at nothing until your heart has stopped beating. 

What is this you ask? Pieces of lore that come from the book called Magi's Articulium that helps the story be more clear. They will appear every once in a while throughout the story. What is the Magi's Articulium? Well, we will have to wait and see, won't we?


About the author

Freww6

Bio: I write a lot of random stories.

Achievements
Comments(1)
Log in to comment
Log In